The French braid hairstyle is now one of the most popular trends today. The style resurfaced with a number of celebrities. French braids are simple plaits that fold inwards. Hair is normally weaved and folded over each other. French braids actually originated in North Africa. Many stylists believe that the name is so called, because this method became extremely popular in France and was passed down from one generation to the next.
We have seen this style being used to enhance a normally dull and boring look. French braids can be worn with amazing updos, curls and straight hair. It is great style for many reasons. Firstly, you can use French braid to add some intrigue to a style that has gone a little stale (for want of a better word). I have seen French braid revive two day old curly. It is also a great way neaten up your look. This is done when you wear them to the side or near the crown.
There are numerous advantages to wearing French braids. It can help to hold short hair from the top of the head that is too short to reach the nape in an updo. This style also helps to create some intrigue in a boring style. For example, you can add French braids to the side of your hair and pin it back with bobby pins. This style will is elegant, sophisticated and trendy.
French braids can be worn in straight hair, ponytails and other updos.
Here is how to do a great French Braid hairstyle.
- Start by taking a section from the top of the head. Part hair into three strands
- Switch all of the strands over to your left hand and keep strands separated.
- Gather a small even section from the right side of the head with your right hand and add it to the right strand.
- Repeat this step for hair on the left.
- You will now bring the left strand over to the middle and bring the middle section to the left. As you follow these steps. Try to keep your hands close to the head. This will help to make the braids tight and look neater.
- Repeat steps two and three until hair is finished.
French braids can be done from the nape of the neck to crown and done in an amazing high bun. French braids are stunning in every style, so be creative.